If your question isn't answer don't hesitate to contact us on 091 50 30 50
+ How do I make an appointment?
Appointments can be made by calling us on 091 503050 or alternatively you can email us on email@example.com or via our website.
+ Do you offer a walk-in service?
Our clinic runs an appointment only service. If you have an emergency please contact the surgery and we will always do our best to accommodate patients with an appointment with one of our doctors however you may not be able to receive an appointment with the clinician of your choice in a urgent/emergency situation.
+ I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT BUT I'M GOING TO BE LATE. WILL I STILL BE SEEN?
Please contact us to let us know if you will be late and we will try and facilitate an alternative appointment time. If all our appointments have been taken you may have to wait a period to be seen.
+ WHAT IF I HAVE AN EMERGENCY?
Contact us directly on the above number during working hours, alternatively outside of our regular hours of 08:30- 18:00 you should contact Westdoc on 185036500 or 999/112 if it is an emergency situation.
+ I HAVE A MEDICAL CARD WITH A DIFFERENT DOCTOR. CAN I USE THE CARD IN SEAPOINT MEDICAL CENTRE?
If you are registered for General Medical Services (GMS) or medical card with another doctor your card can only be used in our surgery under the following conditions
- It is a genuine emergency (life threatening) and you’re unable to get to your own doctor within a reasonable time period.
- If you are away from your normal residence for up to 3 month period you may be seen by another doctor registered with the GMS
- If your own GP requests a 2nd opinion from another doctor registered with the GMS
+ WHAT SERVICES ARE COVERED WITH MY MEDICAL CARD?
Routine doctor and nurse visits are covered. As are prescriptions and certain procedures such as ECG, cryotherapy, nebuliser, as well as completion of social welfare certificates. Certain contraceptive procedures carry an additional cost for replacement of non-reimbursable dressing packs and disposable instruments.
+ WHAT SERVICES ARE NOT COVERED BY THE MEDICAL CARD (GMS) SYSTEM?
The following is a list of items not currently covered under the GMS scheme. Patients in receipt of Medical Cards or Doctor Visit Cards will be responsible for the relevant fees involved which can be found here.
- Routine/not medically indicated blood tests. Of note there is public phlebotomy available in public hospitals who can carry out blood tests ordered by public outpatient clinics
- Fertility blood tests or blood tests ordered by private consultants
- Driving Licence medicals
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
- Sexually Transmitted Illness (STI) screens
- Joint injections
- Excision of lesions/moles
- Letters for social welfare/housing/TDs etc
- Boxing/Diving/Rally medicals or medical assessments for other organisations
- Medical examination and reports for legal or insurance purposes
- Travel vaccinations
+ PERSCRIPTIONS AND REPEAT PERSCRIPTIONS
Please allow 24 hours for processing of repeat prescriptions. There may be a charge for repeat private (non GMS) prescriptions if there has not been a recent consultation. The longest we will dispense a prescription for is a 6 month period as we are obliged to review patients on long term medication to see if it is still appropriate or effective for them.